Friday, June 19, 2009

This is my first time taking part in this activity. While I realize it is mainly aimed at US sales, I thought it would be fun to give it a German twist. Maybe you are curious about costs of living in Germany, or actually living abroad and seeking out cheap meal ideas.

This weeks meal was purchased at Lidl

Sloppy Joes
Shopping list-
Sloppy Joe seasoning - I have yet to find this in Germany, if anyone knows somewhere please let me know as of now my family is sending it to me. On sale they cost about 1 dollar
500g Hackfleisch (ground meat)- I used mixed pork and beef one sale for 1.49 E
Hamburger buns .99 E
French Fries -On sale .99 E
Ketchup - I normally use tomato past but forgot to pick it up, ketchup actually worked out really well

Preperation-
Fry up the meat
Add the seasoning packet, ketchup or tomato paste
A bit of water- less if using ketchup
Serve on toasted buns with oven backed french fries

Total cost of meal: 4.48 E

For more bargain meals check out Bargain meal of the week

And don't forget to check out The Happy housewife for more tips of frugal living

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails