Friday, July 3, 2009

Friend Making Mondays- 4th of July


I am a bit late this week, as I have been contemplating what my plans actually were, if any. 

What are you doing this July 4th?

No big plans, but in light of the fact it is also American food week at Aldi, I would really like to have a small BBQ. We can by disposable grills (though I hear they aren't great), just need to get landlord approval. We found spare ribs, rib eye steak, hot dogs w/ buns (thats right not brotchen) and a bunch more. I think it would be fun to do a american food day. I am even tempted to invite a friend. But I doubt that would work with one days notice. Oh well maybe next year. So I will aim for a small BBQ with DH. 


What is your favorite dish to pass when attending a 4th of July party or summer barbecue?
My favorite dishes hmm, rather than focusing on what I have here how about things I miss. I miss Johnsenville brats with my dad. Fresh corn on the cob. American fluffy sponge cake with sickly sweet frosting. Angel food cake with strawberries. Oh I could go on....

Do you have any July 4th traditions?

Not really. I usually go to my dads and we BBQ. I guess you would call that my tradition. I miss my dads BBQ, he is the lord of the grill. Oh the man can grill. A few times I also went to my mom's farm for a BBQ. Last year I went with my family to see fireworks. I guess the one thing I will miss most this year is fireworks. 

Share your favorite July 4th picture.
Unfortunately I do not have any on hand. I will have to add some from this year. 


Finally I will leave you with a little Are You Smarter Than A Fourth Grader? 

1. How many stars are on the American Flag? 50
2. What do they stand for? The states
3. How many stripes are on the flag?14
4. What do they stand for? The original colonies
5. How many stripes are red? 7
6. The first stripe is which color? red
7. Who sewed the American flag? Bettsie Ross

HOW DID I DO?

I look forward to seeing your answers and I would love a few new recipes for Saturday!

Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!

For more FMM fourth of July visit Seriously Shawn

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails