Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Year Resolutions Update- January

Here is my progress in the month of January

Resolutions:
1. Wedding album
Nothing done on this yet

2. Write 12  11 letters or Postcards home
Wrote one to my mom

3. Complete the Bob Greene Program
I have not started yet perhaps February

4. Watch 4 movies a month with hubby, one rented
Completed saw some great ones including: The Ugly Truth which was a great movie, a love comedy perfect for men and women

5. Reading: English- 24 books (2 a month) 12 magazines (1 a month), German- 10 books, 5 magazines
Books: He had it coming, second in progress
Magazines: Completed
German book and magazine: In Progress

6. Write 15 blogs a month (main blog)
I scratched the side blog, and I am pretty sure I hit 15 blogs this month

7. Treat myself monthly- goal 1 clothing related item, one cosmetic or body, 1 book, and 1 household item
I changed this too a yearly goal since sometimes there are better deals in one moth for one category
So this month I found a fabulous glass pyrex baking dish on sale for under 4 euro, I also got a glass tee pot with a seeper for under 3 euro. I also received a package from home with some very nice cookies sheets and a metal baking pan.
Body- I found a eucalyptus bath soak for 1 euro. I also placed a avon order with my mom, that will hopefully come next month.
1 book- I bought a book of amazon called The housewife's guide to running a modern home for 5 euro, and I ordered a book on my book swapper site, something about the Holy grail, oh yes Holy Blood, Holy Grail. I also swapped a second time for a new Dean Koontz book. 
Clothing- I did not get anything this month

8. Visit 10 castles
None this month, still too cold out, but we saw some beauties from a distance that we may have to go back and visit

9. Visit 10 museums
Not yet

10. Finish my homemaking binder
I have made some great progress I hope to finish it up in the next month

11. Make a recipe book
Have not started yet, finishing my homemaking binder first

12. Try 1 new recipe a week
Yes I completed this, I made red beans and rice, a noodle casserole, a chicken casserole, and a tuna alfredo (plus more hehe)

13. 2 fold part 1) Finish the integrations course and 2) pass the b1 test
In Progress

14. *secret*
Not yet started

15. Read the bible cover to cover
In progress, plus with devotional. I will do a separate post on this theme

16. two fold 1) get my drivers license and 2) learn to drive stick shift
I am studying the test materials

17. Complete the future homemakers program (its like a home ec course learning to maintain a home)
In progress

18. Start crafting and complete 10 projects
I am working on decorating the outside of my home binder, plus another top secret project (for hubby so I can't say, ask if curious)

19. 2 date nights a month- one at home and one out, take turns planning
We had a movie night, but no night out yet

20. Get out of the house and meet a friend 2 times a month
Not as easy as thought. I did make it one time to my friend YOgitas for the afternoon

21. Attempt a new baking recipe once a month
Not yet, but hope to use my new pans

22. Stay in my OCD mailing group a full year
So far so good

23. Go walking at least 3 times a week
Completed

24. Complete 5 small monthly mini goals/ projects
Cleared up below under the list of projects

5 mini goals/ projects for January:

1. File all loose papers: not yet
2. organize loose cords: not yet
3. clean out kitchen cupboards: in progress just a few left to do
4. organize bookmarks on computer: done
5. Clean out email: done

I will update my general goals every three months since they are not really measurable. 


1 comment:

Sommer said...

So tell me about this Future Homemakers course and how to join?? I've been a stay-at-home for 2.5 years, but there is so much I want and need to learn.

PS: Sweet blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails