Thursday, March 25, 2010

B1 in 11 hours 40 minutes o_0

So just a recap:

Monday was the orienterungs test. That was a 25 question test from over 250 questions relating to German politics, history, laws, social standards, and culture. Oh yeah and it was 100% in German. I am pretty confident that I did well (knock on wood), but the official scores are not in yet. Assuming I passed I will get a certificate.

Now tomorrow comes the big Kahuna. The b1 test. It is actually over the next two days. Tomorrows test is 2 hours and covers: writing, grammar, listening, and reading. Then saturday is the speaking part. I must have level b1 in one of the three tomorrow, plus b1 in speaking. If you screw up in the speaking section 100% you fail the test which = 300 hours more in the course. Which is an additional 300 euro on top of the 1000 already shelled out.

So I am nervous as hell, and could use all the well wishes, them presses, finger crossings I can get lol. I hate tests and have major anxiety. I spent the last two evening with my exam partner so I don't think that we can be any better prepared. We just have to hope and pray that we get a theme we are comfortable or capable in.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

You are gonna kick butt! Im sending lots and lots of good vibes your way. Take a deep breath and go in there and show them how it's done:)

Pussyfoots said...

Here is my best test taking tip;the one I teach my students all the time: 1. breathe in through your nose, very deeply, clear to the bottom of your stomach. 2. Hold for 1-2 seconds. 3. breathe out through your nose very slowly. Completely exhale. Repeat 2x - 3x.

This will oxygenate your brain and calm your body down. Paying attention to the breathing will also give your heart, etc. a couple minutes rest from the high anxiety of the test taking experience.

Be sure to get a good night's sleep and eat something for breakfast even if it's only a banana. Coffee????? can hype you up. Take water with; keep hydrated.

There you have it. These practices will raise the score a few points because it lowers the anxiety level. Alles gute!!

Aunt Krissy said...

Good Luck! I also hate to take test so I feel for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails