Thursday, March 4, 2010

Now I lay me down to sleep..

One thing that I love about being an adult is reflecting back on those special moments in our childhood. We realize how sometimes the smallest things meant so much.


I was always scared as a child. I cried every time I heard threats of war on the news. 


Combine that with ocd and you get one heck of a unique (better then weird haha) child.


I am so luckily that I have a mom who was always so understanding. I remember as a child we always said a prayer at bedtime. I was so frightened by the now I lay me down to sleep prayer because it had a line- if I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my should to take. Now in my OCD infested mind, saying if I die and thinking about dying in my sleep was just not going to work for me. So my mom got creative, she rewrote the prayer for me (maybe she googled, I dunno, either way it was special)


Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the Lord my soul to keep
Angels on my left and right
Help to guide me through the night
And bring me to the morning light


I can't wait until the day I can further that tradition with my own children. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails