Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Years Resolution Updates

I have really been slacking in this department. Now that I have more time on my hands I hope to get some things done.



Resolutions:
1. Wedding album
Nothing done on this yet- But I have been seeing some great deals on free prints. I think I will utilize those. 

2. Write 12  11 letters or Postcards home
Wrote one to my mom, yeah need to catch up here lol

3. Complete the Bob Greene Program
I have not started yet ..... 

4. Watch 4 movies a month with hubby, one rented
Well we are definitely keeping up with this one. Hmm, trying to think of some movies we watched recently- Old Dogs, Couples Retreat, A Time Traveler's Wife, to name a few. 

5. Reading: English- 24 books (2 a month) 12 magazines (1 a month), German- 10 books, 5 magazines
Yeah, need to get back into the swing of reading. I have lots to read, but gotta start :P

6. Write 15 blogs a month (main blog)
I think I have that covered

7. Treat myself monthly- goal 1 clothing related item, one cosmetic or body, 1 book, and 1 household item
1. I found a great outfit on sale at kik, I got pants for 4.99 and a matching top for 6.99. I will take and add some pics later. 
2. I found a great coupon for 75% off elf cosmetics that is just .25 cents USD. So I had it sent to my moms. Hope to get it soon. When I do I will share. Plus I always score sweet deals through my mom with avon. 
*I will share those as I actually get the packages, then I can take pics :)
3. I have scored quiet a few free books through book trading from my great friends in Heilbronn. So I need to catch up in some reading. 
4. I really scored at Lidl last month. I got a food processor, blender, digital kitchen scale, and a bread machine for 85 euro. I was so excited. I have been trying all shorts of new recipes with them. 

8. Visit 10 castles
We went and checked out the castle in Gundelsheim Easter weekend. We plan to go back and visit the on site museum. 

9. Visit 10 museums
Not yet

10. Finish my homemaking binder
Check out the awesome series I am doing on this. We will be completing it together. Woo hoo. 

11. Make a recipe book
Have not started yet, finishing my homemaking binder first

12. Try 1 new recipe a week
I have gone above and beyond. Most my recipes are new each week. 

13. 2 fold part 1) Finish the integrations course and 2) pass the b1 test
In Progress
Part one done, and just waiting on the results

14. *secret*
Not yet started

15. Read the bible cover to cover
In progress, plus with devotional. I will do a separate post on this theme
I am way behind need to get back in the swing.

16. two fold 1) get my drivers license and 2) learn to drive stick shift
I am studying the test materials

17. Complete the future homemakers program (its like a home ec course learning to maintain a home)
In progress

18. Start crafting and complete 10 projects
I am working on decorating the outside of my home binder, plus another top secret project (for hubby so I can't say, ask if curious), still in progress. I got a spring craft kit I plan to use. 

19. 2 date nights a month- one at home and one out, take turns planning
We do lots of movie nights, and recently went out for lunch, visited castles. 

20. Get out of the house and meet a friend 2 times a month
Not as easy as thought. But I do hope to do so more. I also plan to invite people over once our living room is done :)

21. Attempt a new baking recipe once a month
Sure thing, I witched it up to once a week. 

22. Stay in my OCD mailing group a full year
So far so good

23. Go walking at least 3 times a week
Completed

24. Complete 5 small monthly mini goals/ projects
Cleared up below under the list of projects

5 mini goals/ projects for January:

1. File all loose papers: not yet
2. organize loose cords: not yet
3. clean out kitchen cupboards: in progress just a few left to do
4. organize bookmarks on computer: need to do again
5. Clean out email: need to do again

Dang those mini goals didnt turn out so well lol.

So for April mini goals:
1. Complete the spring cleaning series on christian homekeeper network
2. Start reading again
3 start bible readings again
4. start a craft project 
5. file all loose papers

I will update at the end of the month with any accomplishments. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails