Sunday, September 12, 2010

Don't miss this- Amazon Mom

I wish that I had seen this sooner, I would have planned an exciting day in a new city. But hey at least I know they do it every year and I have many more to look forward to so we will just check out our area today.

Today is Tag des offenen Denkmals, or day of the open monuments. Most monuments, museums, and churches are open today, even those that are normally closed to the public.

And to top it off most are free. On the website you can search by city and look at all the stuff in your area, or the area you want to visit and it pulls up all the details.

I knew something exciting was happening when I woke up to a marching band, ha.

This would be a great day to plan for in advance every year, to check out new places. :)

You can check out the website here, but do note it is in German. You may also find information in yoru local papers or events newsletters.

If you do go somewhere, let me know what you saw.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails