Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

And you thought I forgot ....

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

So here is what I am Thankful for this year:
1. The fact that I am about to be a mommy.  
It is an amazing experience that I cnnot even begin to describe. It changes you so much as a person. I am amazed at how far I have come this far and I cannot wait to see what the future holds. I am so excited to meet him.
2. My mom will be flying in 14 days.  
I have not seen her since I left home in 2008. You never really realize the sacrifices you are about to make until you live them. My family has never even met my husband. It means so much to have her here and the fact it is during the holidays makes it even more special.
3.  I am at 90 followers almost 100. 
I started this blog as a travel blog I never in a million years thought anyone would give a hoot what I had to say, you know except the people who feel morally inclined to read it like my Dad. It means the world to me that you all bring my voice to life. 
4. I have been so blessed by the acts of kindness of people who know me as nothing more then a screen name as well some amazing friends I have made.
I can never begin to thank everyone for their generosity. It means so much and I hope and pray that I can pay it forward someday.  
5. I can finally speak enough busted German to get by. I kid I kid. 
No I don't it really is far from perfect, but I have come a long way from my Rosetta Stone 'Was ist das? Das ist eine Katze' days. Learning German has given me my life back. 
6. I have a husband who loves me unconditionally no matter how crazy I may be.
7. Things have really turned around for us, from Toni getting a permanent job contract to being blessed with wonderful treasures for our home from friends. 
8. My landlord has been leaving me in piece. 
Well for the most part, he still gardens everyday for 75% of the year, but I think we have an understanding now. And he has been much better about repairs.  
9.  I am finally getting a hang of this homemaking stuff. 
10. Now if I could just put my new sewing machine to use and get the hang of that. 

Living life to the fullest is not about the things we want or desire, it is not about having the biggest and the best, it is about valuing what is most important, treasuring what we gain, and being grateful for what we do have.
How have you been blessed this year? 


1 comment:

lytha said...

love your list.

we saw a rosetta stone commercial yesterday and it made that "correct" noise at the end and we both gasped and laughed. that noise that we heard so many thousands of times in a row as you work your way thru that system. you know it?

i do think that rosetta stone is one of the best ways to learn a language outside of classes, but was very happy to get a ripped copy in 2007, that thing is expensive!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails