Monday, January 24, 2011

Meal Plan Monday


Hey guys,
I hope all is going well with you. I am still working to get my groove back lol. But it is going well so far. Last week was my first week alone with baby Luca and I did not break him so we are off to a good start :)

My menus are actually gonna be a bit different for a bit, different as in a focus on vegetarian, beef, and fish, why you ask would I not use pork in the land of the schnitzel, well long story short we have a major food crises going on at the moment and as a result our poultry, eggs, and pork are tainted. Now I normally try not to go off on hysteria about food contaminants I am not a bio addict by any means, but as a nursing mom I think it is best to play it safe for a while. I am not avoiding all products with egg and those meats, I do not have the time and energy to go die hard vegan and make everything myself, but we will be avoiding the fresh products. It has been said the organic versions of these items are safe, but if the pocket book hit is not enough to deter you the fact they are sold out in most stores will. 

So here is a look at our week:
Monday- Thursday:
Breakfast: Oatmeal, yogurt, or cold cereal with fruit (DH takes rolls to work)
Lunch: Odds and ends (DH takes sandwiches and veggies to work)
Dinners: Abend brot

Friday: 
Dinner: Potatoes, spinach and wursts

Saturday:
Breakfast: Pancakes and bacon
Lunch: Soup with rolls
Dinner: Lentil Tacos with rice

Sunday:
Breakfast: Rolls
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Mini Meat loaf, potatoes, and a veggie
Tea time: Apple struedel

So that is fresh meat once in the week. Hey maybe it will make a nice dent in the food budget lol. We will still eat cold cuts on our abend brot nights. I actually want to start making my own breads and salads for those nights too. :)

So what are you eating this week?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails