Saturday, March 12, 2011

Loaded fried potatoes

One thing that has always driven me nuts if the size of potatoes here. When I buy a bag of potatoes they range in size from ping pong ball to tennis ball. Not very baked potato friendly if you ask me. So I sought out to find an equivalent to loaded baked potatoes and this is what I came up with.



Loaded fried potatoes

Ingredients:
Potatoes cubed (amount varies on potato size, I use about 10-12)
1-2 onions diced
2 cloves garlic diced
Cut up Traditional or cubed Bacon (pre cooked)
Sour cream
Shredded Cheese
Oil (your choice)

Variations:
You can add any ingredients you like, I have done this before with peppers and loved the outcome. 

Prep work:
Cut up your onions, potatoes, and garlic
In a wok warm up a thin layer of oil across the bottom (do not skimp on oil, too little oil will result in soggy potatoes)

Let's get cooking:
1. Add you diced garlic into the pan and let simmer until fragrant
2. Add in your onions and cook until caramelized
3. Next drop in those potatoes, fry until they are fully cooked with a nice crisp brown exterior.
4. Add in your bacon
5. Melt in some cheese

Serve with a bit more cheese sprinkled on top and a glob of sour cream

nomnomnom


2 comments:

cathy jones said...

that sounds versatile! yummy too...especially for my meat and potatoes man!

lytha said...

looking at my potato bowl right now i'd say i have mostly ping pong balls. what also gets me is everyone seems to peel them as if they wish they were smaller.

i'm right here with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails