Friday, March 25, 2011

A place I have traveled too

Continuing on with the 30 day blogging challenge, which is more like a 45 day one for me but I digress, ha. Today's theme is a place I have traveled. So here is a look into my travels.


My Travels

I have not done a lot of traveling in my life. But there are a few trips that stand out in my mind.

1. When I was about 18 or 19 years old, I went with my cousin and her children to Disneyland for Christmas. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately the Christmas parade was canceled due to poor weather, but the trip in and of itself was very special to me. One of the highlights of the trip was when she convinced me to go on that huge roller coaster in the shape of mickey mouse at the California adventure park, I was scarred for life. I don't due scary rides. I would love to do this trip again with her someday maybe when my boy is old enough.

2. For my 21st birthday, my then Boyfriends mom bought us a trip to Las Vegas. We stayed at the Egyptian themed hotel Luxor in the Pyramid. It was so much fun. Oh I love Las Vegas. I am not a big gambler, bt I did play the 5 cent machines lol. I made a few bucks. My only wish was that we could have checked out a Vegas show. My husband really wants to see Las Vegas so I am hoping someday when we visit we can leave Teenie with the grandparents and take a weekend trip down.

3. When I was in college, I took a trip with some of my fellow student government members to Washington DC to protest for federal financial aid. We attended a national conference but also had the chance to visit a bunch of things. One of my favorites was the Native American Smithsonian and the National Holocaust Museum. I would love to go back and check out more of the museums especially the Museum of natural history. We had a lot of fun.

I also attended various conferences while in student government and all of those trips are fond memories.

4. When I was about 16 I traveled with my mom to attend the national OCD conference in Tennessee. We also did a bit of sight seeing. We went to the grand Ole Opry, Graceland, and saw tons of civil war sites. One of my fondest memories by far. I would love to travel with my mom again someday.

So tell me about your travels, what trips really stuck out in your mind?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails