Tuesday, June 7, 2011

4 in 1 dinner- Taco Soup

She's alive!!!!! I am alive and well. My apologies for the long spacing in between posts. I thank you for your understanding :)

I got a new recipe I came up with that I would like to share with you. This dish is 4 dinners in one. You could serve them in a row if you find yourself in a tight spot in terms of your food budget, or freeze the extra and serve over time.

The basis of this recipe is my Taco soup

Taco Soup:
Ingredients
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can corn
1 lb ground meat of your choice
1 cup frozen bell pepper
1 diced onion
1 small can or a half a tube tomato paste
A half teaspoon mexican seasoning
A dash of salt
A dash of pepper
2 packets taco seasoning
1 pack ranch dressing mix (can be omitted)
A few shakes of tabasco
1 cup salsa
water

1. Brown your ground beef with mexican seasoning, add your diced onion to carmalize
2. Dump all ingredients into the largest pot you have, I use a stock pot. Fill up the remaining space with water leaving a few inches from the top so you do not boil over.
3. Bring to a boil and mix all ingredients well
4. Reduce heat and let simmer. I let mine simmer until dinner time about an hour.

Then divide your soup evenly into 4 containers.

Day 1:
Cook a half a bag pasta. Drain off water and add soup mix.

Day 2:
Cook one cup rice, divide evenly into each bowl and add soup. Mix well.

Day 3:
Take soup mix and drain off the liquid. Add to the next days mix. Boil some cubed potatoes serve chuncky sauce on top. Add some shredded cheese and sour cream.

Day 4:
Serve soup as is with cheese sprinked on top.

Enjoy :)




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails