Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cheap toddler friendly pasta lunch


You know its funny, when I went home after my first visit to Germany, I used to eat abend brot to remind myself of my time in Germany. However, 4 years after moving here and seeing how prevalent bread is in the German diet I might gouge my eyes out if forced to eat much more bread in my life. Now do not get me wrong, I am making an effort to come up with some creative variation, aim for more of an American style sandwich. I have been stalking the interwebs looking for dup recipes for Paradise bakery, nomnomnom, but we need som variety. If Germans may have no qualms eating bread so often, but I sure cannot. But at the same time I do not want to invest the time nor money to cook a second hot meal eat day, lazy American that I am. SO I look for frugal idea, and idseas that my picky little mr enjoys, today was a sucess.

Aldi sells some finished pasta products, one version is in boxes and another comes in pouches. For this recipe I used the pouch version the Pasta Pomodoro Mozzarella. It comes with the noodles and seasoning mixed in in a powder form. Just add water and cook 10 minutes. They also have a variety of other flavors. The package says it serves 2.

Once I boil my water and add my pasta mix, I add an additional half can of diced tomatoes, and 1 cup of frozen veggies mix  DO NOT USE BUTTERGEMÜSE NEINNEINNEIN thats bad get the plain stuff in bags lol.

The pasta mix costs .65
Half can of tomatoes .22
1 cup veggies aprox. .10

Full meal for under a buck

This could easily be made into a dinner by doubling it and adding a green salad and baugette. You still have a dinner for under 2.50 including sides.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails